Introduction and origin –
Victoria Day is celebrated on the Monday before 25th May. This day commemorates the late queen Victoria’s Birthday. Canadians celebrate a deceased monarch’s birthday on Victoria Day because Queen Victoria was a very influential person in Canadian History, during her reign she was known as “The monarch of confederation”. Canadian confederation completed on July 1st 1876 ( Canada Day) , This day is very important because on this day the parts of Canada that were controlled by England along with New Brunswick and Nova Scotia came together into one entity called “Dominion of Canada”.
Confederation marks the date when Canada gained Independence. People celebrate and remember Queen Victoria because she helped Canada to become the great Country that it is today. Canada is only country in the world to celebrate this Day. This day is also known as May two-four, May long and May long Weekend. All the federal buildings and organisations in Canada are close for the day.
Ways of celebration –
People celebrate Victoria’s Day by enjoying a day from their work and People enjoy things like Parades barbeques, concerts and other outdoor events. Usually at night people love to watch fireworks displays. Victoria’s day weekend has craze of drinking beer, people meet their friends and enjoys beer together.
How kids celebrate it?
Kids on Victoria day learns about Queen Victoria, enjoys Parades and fireworks, make crafts about this auspicious Day.
Quotes of Queen Victoria –
- We will not have failure – only success and new learning.
- The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them
- Were women to “unsex” themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen, and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection.
- Since it has pleased Providence to place me in this station, I shall do my utmost to fulfil my duty towards my country; I am very young and perhaps in many, though not in all things, inexperienced, but I am sure that very few have more real good will and more real desire to do what is fit and right than I have.
- I love peace and quiet, I hate politics and turmoil. We women are not made for governing, and if we are good women, we must dislike these masculine occupations.
Ways to wish on Victoria Day –
- Victory has originated from Queen Victoria because she has always won the hearts and the countries and that’s the reason we call her Queen. Wishing you a very Happy Victoria Day.
- Today is not just a holiday but it is a holiday in honour of birthday of Queen Victoria…. Let us celebrate this special day by wishing for her long and health life for years to come.
- As the citizens of Canada, we must pay tribute and thank the wonderful Queen Victoria on her special Day Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Victoria Day.
- Queen Victoria is an inspiration for women because she represents power, class and respect…. Sending my heartfelt wishes to you on Victoria Day…. May you also grow more beautiful and more powerful like her.
- We are blessed to be celebrating Victoria Day which will always remind us of Queen Victoria who is known for her greatness. Happy Victoria Day
- If you wish to follow someone then follow the Queen Victoria who has always been a strong and influential lady in the world…. Follow her footsteps and you will definitely enjoy fruits of success…. Wishing a very Happy Victoria Day!!!
Q1. Why do we celebrate Victoria’s Day?
Q2. Which is your favourite book on Victoria’s Day?
Q3. Write down three quotes said by Queen Victoria.
Q4. Which country celebrates Victoria Day?
Q5.How you will celebrate Victoria Day?